1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Winners
Better Made crisp shrimp with honey sauce
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined and butterflied
- 4 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 ounces cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 6 ounces water
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups finely crushed Better Made chips
- 5 cups oil for deep frying
Preheat deep fryer or skillet with oil in a large bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda. Beat egg in water then mix into dry mixture. Dip the shrimp into the wet mixture allowing them to be completely coated. Then roll the shrimp in the crushed potato chips. Coat the shrimp well with the crushed potato chips. Repeat for each shrimp. Drop shrimp, one at a time, into the hot oil and cook shrimp until they are golden brown. Dry on brown paper bags.
- 1/2 cup sake or 1/2 cup rice wine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 ounces rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
Sabrina Price, Lansing, MI
Caramel Pretzel Bars - Makes 32 Large Bars
FOR THE SHORTBREAD:
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
FOR THE CARAMEL TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
6 cups (about 9 oz.) Better Made pretzels, lightly broken up
1. Make the shortbread: Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350°. Line a 9" x 13" baking pan with parchment paper, folding paper up and over the sides of the pan. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and salt, and set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and brown sugar at medium speed until combined, about 1 minute. Beat in the vanilla, change speed to low, and add the flour-salt mixture. Mix until crumbly, 10-15 seconds. Pat the dough evenly into the bottom of the parchment-lined pan, and prick dough all over with a fork. Bake 15-18 minutes, until just golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
2. Make the caramel: In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, and salt. Stir regularly until mixture is foamy and slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Add cream and cook, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer inserted into the caramel registers 240°F (soft ball stage), about 11 minutes. Add the crushed pretzels and quickly incorporate into the caramel.
3. Pour the pretzel-caramel mixture over the baked shortbread, spreading the mixture evenly. Return to the oven until the topping is bubbling, 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Remove from the baking pan by lifting the edges of the parchment paper; unfold the paper and slice into bars. Serve immediately, or bars will keep for up to 1 week in an airtight container.
Julie Weatherbee, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Bacon and BBQ Better Made Meat Loaf
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 1/2 cups Better Made BBQ chips (crumbled)
- 3/4 cup ketchup, plus 1/4 cup for basting
- 1/2 tsp Accent
- 1/2 tsp beef bouillon
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pkg Lipton's Onion Soup mix
- 2 strips uncooked bacon
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 can Campbell's Tomato soup
Mix onion soup mix with warm water and let sit 5 minutes. Combine all ingredients except for the bacon, and the 1/4 cup ketchup. Form into a loaf in a large square baking pan or 2 loaves in smaller bread pans. Lay the bacon slices across the top. Baste the top with ketchup. Sprinkle with Better Made BBQ chips on top Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Spirulina Sims, Atlanta, Georgia
Glenn's Au Gratin Potatoes
- 4 Russet Potatoes, Cut the Potatoes into rounds 1/8" Thick. I use a mandolin.
- 1 Quart of Heavy Cream
- 4 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup of Bacon Bits
- 1 Cup Better Made Potato Chips, crushed.
Spray a Casserole Dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour in enough Cream to just cover the bottom. Put in one Layer of potatoes, 1 Cup of Cheese, then Sprinkle 1/4 C. Bacon Bits evenly. Repeat three times, adding more cream to dish between layers. Bake in a 350ºF Oven for 2 hours or until potatoes are fork tender. Add Crushed Potato Chips to top of casserole put back in oven until the chips darken to desired color.Everyone loves this potato dish. You can adjust the ingredients to match whatever container you are using. This works well in individual Ramekins as well a disposable aluminum chafing dish pan.
Enjoy... Glenn, Washington
Chocolate Peanut Butter Potato Chip Balls
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup Better Made Original Potato Chips, crushed
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or dark chocolate if you prefer)
In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar and butter until smooth. Stir in the potato chips.
Lay out a piece of wax paper on a baking sheet. Form mixture into about tablespoon size balls and place on wax paper place baking sheet in freezer for at least 30-45 minutes to allow to harden.
Using a double boiler or microwave, carefully melt chocolate until smooth, stirring occasionally to keep from burning. One by one, dip balls in melted chocolate and place back on wax paper. Chill until chocolate is set; store in the refrigerator.
Potato Chip & Pecan Crunch Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 cup crushed Better Made Chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Add chips & nuts to flour and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture. Form into small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with fork. Bake 350 degrees oven 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Christine Fawkes, Livonia, Michigan
Pub Nutty Cheddar Dippers ! A tapas idea!
This is a fun way to serve a pub cheese spread! Small dippers made with 4 inch pretzel rods! A nutty crunch appetizer that is quick and easy to make and eat one –handed. This eliminates the struggle to spread or dip while holding a beverage. Kids love making and eating them too!
- 1 – 8 ounce block sharp cheddar cheese, chopped into small hunks
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 – 8 ounce package 4 inch Better Made pretzel rods (not sticks)
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
Place the cheddar cheese in the bowl of a food processor. Coarsely chop. Add the butter,garlic and Dijon mustard. Mix until well blended. Remove from bowl and place in small dish. (yield 1 1 /4 cups). Take 1 1 /2- 2 teaspoons pub cheese and form around the bottom half of each pretzel rod. Roll in walnuts. Place on wax paper. Continue until all are done. They may be covered and chilled until needed. To serve place dippers with a small spot of Dijon on an individual plate. Serves 10-14
D. Ryan, Topsfield, Massachusetts
Better Made Chips Burger
- 4 Hamburger Patties of your choice – grilled to perfection
- 4 buns of your choice – toasted
- 2 cups of BBQ Better Made Potato Chips – roughly crushed
- Yellow Mustard
- 1 large tomato
Place grilled hamburger patties on toasted buns. Place 1 tbsp of ketchup, 1 tbsp of mustard and 1/2 cup of roughly crushed BBQ Better Made Potato Chips on top of each hamburger patty. Then place 1 slice of large tomato on top of the BBQ chips. Spread 1 tbsp of mayo on top of the other hamburger bun. Place the mayo buns on top of the tomato and enjoy the most flavorful mouthwatering burger. (Servings – 4 ).
Queenie Ancheta, San Franciso, CA
Chicken Haystack Casserole
- 8 oz Better Made Potatoe Sticks
- 2 can cream of mushroom soup
- 14 oz cooked chicken chopped, may use canned chicken or canned tuna
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 6 oz can mushrooms
- 1/4 c. chopped piminto
- 1c. shredded cheese, colby, co-jack, or cheddar
Reserve 2 c, Better Made Potato sticks for topper. Combine remaining ingredients. Pour into 3 qt casserole pan. Arrange reserved Potato Sticks on top. Bake ate 375 for 20-25 minutes. Serves 8- 10.
Tina Burtzloff, Lorraine, KS
Crunchy Mexican Street Corn
- 8 ears fresh corn
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 ½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup finely crushed Better Made Red Hot BBQ (10.5 oz.) Chips
Preheat grill. Peel corn husks down to base of cob leaving husks attached. Remove 1 long husk to use as tie. Clean off silk . Tie husk around husk bunch to use as a handle. Soak corn 20 minutes in large pot filled with water. Combine in a small bowl the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice and zest. Set aside. Combine the cheese, chili powder and crushed Better Made Red Hot BBQ Chips.
Place this in a large dish or pie plate. Set aside. Grill drained corn 8-10 minutes until tender or beginning to char , turning every 2-3 minutes. Remove corn from grill and use a small basting brush baste with the mayo mix. Then roll into the chip-cheese mixture. Serves 8!
Donna Ryan, Topsfield, MA
Karen's Taco Salad
- 1.5 lbs ground chuck cooked with Taco Bell taco seasoning (or your favorite taco seasoning), then drained
- 1/2 head of lettuce, chopped
- 1 white onion, diced
- Tubby's Submarine House dressing
- 1.5 Cups Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Diced Tomatoes (about 1 cup) although not required
- BETTER MADE Tortilla Strips
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Cook your beef with the seasoning and drain. (you can add 1/2 cup of diced onion while cooking and save the rest for later). Get a large bowl and add cheese and remaining onion, lettuce, and tomato. Crush The BETTER MADE tortilla strips into small pieces (you can do this while they are in the bag then dump into the mixture). Add them to the mixture. Season to taste (it doesn't need much in my opinion). Add 3/4 cup of dressing and taste. Add more if desired (I like a bit more). Mix all together and serve!
Tip: You can keep the meat and cheese mixture separate from the other perishable ingredients if you'd like to prevent the lettuce/tomatoes/etc from getting soggy for future use. Store ingredients separately in your fridge and you can have them ready to mix together whenever you'd like!
Michelle Woolcott, Livonia, MI
Crunchy Chicken Strips
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts sliced into strips
- Crushed Better Made rippled plain potato chips
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk for wash
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Cup flour
- Crisco Vegetable shortening 1/2 inch deep in pan.
Use a Dutch oven or electric fry pan Med/High heat
Mix egg and milk, set aside. Mix salt and pepper then sprinkle on chicken. Dredge chicken in flour then dip into milk and egg wash then dip into crushed potato chips, lay on wax paper. Brown on both sides, cover and put on low heat for approx. 10 to 20 minutes depending on how thick your strips are.
On Medium heat use 2 T. of your oil left in pan, drain the rest but try to leave the excess brown pieces. Mix 3/4 Cup water with 3/4 Cup Milk, set aside. Sprinkle 3 T. Flour into the hot oil, stirring with a Wooden Spoon quickly to brown the flour. Gradually stir in the milk and water, stirring constantly mash lumps with Wooden Spoon. Add Salt and Pepper to taste. Lower heat, will start to thicken.
Carol Meyers, Plymouth, Minnesota
Pretzel Coated Catfish Nuggets with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 pound fresh catfish nuggets
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Better Made Pretzel Sticks
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
Pour buttermilk in a medium bowl. Add catfish nuggets to buttermilk and soak for 20 minutes. Drain catfish.
Add egg, milk and pepper into a shallow bowl and whisk until mixed. Place flour in another shallow dish. Place crushed pretzels in a third shallow dish.
Heat oil over medium high heat in a large skillet.
Coat nuggets with flour. Dip into the egg, mixture then into the crushed pretzels. Add catfish to hot oil and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until golden and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Place nuggets on a paper towel lined plate to drain any grease.
In a medium bowl whisk honey, mustard and lemon juice until combined. Serve with pretzel coated catfish nuggets.
Makes 4 servings
Jamie Jones Madison, GA
Scalloped Tuna & Chips
Microwave Time: 15 to 17 min total
Power Level: High (10)
- 3 cups crushed potato chips
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz) condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 can (7 to 8 oz) mushrooms, stems, & pieces
- 1 tsp instant minced onion
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cans (7 oz each) tuna, drained & flaked
Mix soup, undrained mushrooms, onion, parsley, milk and lemon juice. In 2 qt. greased casserole, layer 1 cup crushed chips, 1/2 of tuna, 1/2 of soup mixture. Repeat layers and top with potato chips. Microware at High 15 to 17 minutes, rotating dish 1/2 turn after 8 mins. until bubbly. Makes 6 servings
Patti Borowiec, Howell, Michigan
Grandma's Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 bag regular size bag of Better Made potato chips, crushed
- 1 box of elbow noodles, cooked according to package
- 1 box of Velveeta cheese, sliced thickly (about 1/8" thick)
- 1 large can of Diced Tomatoes (Italian style)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 stick of butter, cut into several pats
Put layer of noodles (about 1/2) on bottom of greased 9 x 13 casserole dish. Add layer of cheese over noodles and put several spoons of tomatoes over cheese. Layer rest of noodles, then cheese and rest of tomatoes. Pour 1/2 cup of milk over dish. Place butter spread out over casserole. Heat in oven at 350 for 30-35 minutes, stirring once after 20 minutes. May need to all bit more milk if cheese isn't creamy enough. After stirring, spread crushed chips on top of casserole and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes until chips are brown and cheese is bubbling at edges. Remove from oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes. Serve's 6-8.
Dawn Wolschleger, New Baltimore, Michigan
Luscious Low-carb Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground pork (or favorite Italian sausage)
- 1 cup crushed Better Made original pork rinds
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 sprig parsley, chopped
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
In a large bowl combine meats, pork rinds, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, milk, and eggs mix thoroughly. Form small balls and brown in oiled skillet.
Amy Winters, Bartlett, IL
Sweet And Salty Fried Banana Splits
- 4 bananas, split lengthwise
- 1 egg beaten with 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup flour mixed with one teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups finely crushed Better Made potato chips
- Oil for frying
- 4 large scoops vanilla bean ice cream
- Chocolate syrup
Heat oil in a large, deep skillet to depth of 2 inches. Note: Do not use very ripe bananas. They must be firm, even a little bit green. Dip bananas in egg mixture, then in flour. Dip again in egg, then coat well with chips. Fry in hot oil until lightly browned all over. Drain on paper towels and let cool. To serve: Place two pieces of banana in dessert dish, top with ice cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Serves 4
Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan
Crispy Better Made Tilapia
- 4 frozen or fresh Tilapia filets
- 1 cup crushed Better Made Potato Chips, your choice of flavor
- 1 cup whole wheat flour Pepper to taste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Vegetable Oil, I use Canola
Thaw tilapia under room temperature tap water if frozen. Mix Potato chips, flour, and some black pepper in a shallow bowl or plate. Beat egg in a second bowl or plate. Heat 1/4 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Dip filets in egg, then dredge in Potato Chip/flour mixture, tapping off excess. Fry in oil, about three minutes per side, until golden brown and fish is tender and cooked through.. Serve with rice and a green salad.
Marcia Conlon, Traverse City, MI
Better Made Italian Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups Salvatore's Parmesan & Garlic Flavored Krinkles, finely crushed
- 1 1/2 cups prepared spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread 1/2 cup of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9x11 pan.
3. Brush both sides of the chicken with melted butter, then dredge in crushed Salvatore's Parmesan & Garlic Flavored Krinkles
4. Bake chicken for 30 minutes, until done (depending on thickness)
5. Place 1/4 cup of spaghetti sauce on each breast. Place 1/4 cup cheese on top of the sauce.
6. Bake for an additional 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Jennifer Rees, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- 1 Small package of sausage
- 1 Package of cream cheese
- 10 Jalapeno peppers
- 3/4 Cup of Better Made Hot Cheese Crunchy chips (crushed)
1. Cook sausage until brown in frying pan and pre heat oven to 400 degrees,
2. While sausage is cooking, wash/cut Jalapeno peppers in half. Clean the inside of the pepper out as well.
3. Once the Sausage is done, drain off the grease.
4. Mix sausage and cream cheese together.
5. Fill peppers with sausage and cream cheese mixture.
6. Sprinkle the crushed chips over the peppers.
7. Bake for 10 minutes.
Barbara Ohman-Spencer, Richmond, VA
Potato Chip Chicken Bake
- 8 oz approx. kettle style potato chips (crushed)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Squeeze of lemon
- 2 eggs
- Nonstick cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400' F. Spray cooking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Crack two eggs in a shallow dish and beat gently with a fork. add salt and pepper to the eggs. You can even add your favorite herbs and spices if desired. In a plastic baggie, place potato chips. use a rolling pin to crush them. You can also use your hands to crush them. Pour chips into a shallow dish.
Dip chicken into eggs, coating both sides. Dip chicken into chips. Make sure chicken is evenly coated on both sides. Place on cooking sheet. Repeat process with remaining chicken. Squeeze a little lemon over top of chicken.
Bake for 25 minutes or until done. Serves 4.
H. L. McPherson, Hazel Park, MI
Crunchy BBQ Hamburgers
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 3 2.5oz Better Made BBQ Potato Chips - crushed
- 3-4 tbsp panko bread crumbs
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- 4 tbsp steak sauce
- 4 big buns
- tomato slices
- red onion
- pickle slices
In bowl mix beef, onion soup mix, steak sauce form into 4 patties. In another bowl put crushed Better Made BBQ Chips, and panko crumbs mix together. Take patties and coat in crumbs (may want to add more steak sauce to help stick. In skillet fry burgers to favored doneness. To assemble put burger on bun and top with all or any on the extra's that make your burger your own, dive in and eat!!!!
Bonnie Geavaras-Bootz, Scottsdale Arizona
Crunchy Potato Chip Salad
- 2 cups Mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Vinegar
- 4 cups Cabbage, finely shredded
- 12 1/2 Oz. Tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup Carrot, shredded
- 1 cup Red and yellow peppers, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Onion, minced
- 5 cups Better Made Potato chips, 6 1/2 ounces
In medium bowl, combine mayonnaise and vinegar. Stir in cabbage, tuna, carrot peppers and onion. Cover and chill. Just before serving, add slightly crushed potato chips; toss lightly. Serves 18.
Recipe Note: Cabbage may be shredded the night before, cover and refrigerate separately. Per serving:
Donna Bardocz, Howell, Michigan
Quick/Easy Pork Chops
- Boneless pork chops (or boneless chicken breasts)
- Better Made potato chips (I prefer Sour Cream and Onion, or Salt and Pepper, but any chip will do)
- Cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken if using chicken breasts)
- Mozzarella cheese
Place boneless pork chops (or chicken breasts) in the glass oven dish. Crumble Better Made potato chips over the top of each chop to cover. Mix 1 or 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup with milk (use less milk then called for on can recipe). Bake at 350 for 1 - 1 ¼ hours. Cover mixture with mozzarella cheese to taste. Continue heating for another 10 - 15 minutes (until brown). Serve
Additional serving suggestions to make a full meal...
Cook egg noodles according to package and drain. Add butter, bread crumbs and a little Parmesan cheese. Stir to evenly coat. Serve with green beans, a tossed salad, fresh bread and your favorite white wine.
Ronald J. Vilag, Woodhaven Michigan
Chicken New Orleans Better Made
• 2 - 3 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 2-3 tbs. oil (or non-stick cooking spray)
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1 cup flour
• 1 cup crushed Better Made Bar-BQ Chips or
Sour Cream and Onion Chips
• 1 Large onion - sliced thinly
• 1 Green pepper (or any type of pepper) sliced or diced
• 1 large can mushrooms (stems and pieces already cut)
• 4 slices of Provolone Cheese
(or more if you like it really cheesy, I know I do)
Dip chicken into milk and then cover in the flour/potato chip mixture. Brown chicken in fry pan with oil, in another pan saute onion, peppers and mushrooms.
When chicken and vegs. are cooked, put chicken in oven safe casserole dish, cover with onion mixture, then cover with Provolone Cheese. Cover with foil and bake in a 350 oven for approx. 20 mins.
So good with baked potato. So easy it can be made whether you are camping or even tailgating using any kind of grill and disposable tin foil pans.
Patrice Kilyanek, Fort Mill, South Carolina
Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Soup
- 2 C chopped broccoli
- 3 lb. boneless chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 jars cheese sauce
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1/2 C. corn starch
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 Tbs. garlic and herb spices
- 2 tsp. Mrs. Dash original
- 1/2 C. milk
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 bag Better Made Tortilla Chips
Place chicken, butter, spices and onions in large fry pan and cook until done. Cook broccoli until tender and done. Mix together in larger deep pan and add the cheese sauce and milk. In a bowl, mix corn starch and warm water add to soup to thicken. Crush tortillas, pour over soup and serve.
Lorna Roslund, Flint, Michigan
Crispy Grilled Ham & Cheese
- 8 slices of white bread
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 8 thin slices tomato
- 4 slices cheese of your choice (American or Muenster recommended)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- prepared mustard
- softened margarine
- dash of onion salt
- crushed Better Made potato chips
Spread 4 slices bread with softened margarine. Spread the remaining 4 slices bread with mustard or mayonnaise. Top 4 slices of bread with a slice of ham, followed by a cheese slice, and then 2 slices tomato. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Cover with remaining 4 slices of treated bread. Set aside. Combine eggs, milk and onion salt. Dip both sides of the sandwich in egg mixture, then in the crushed potato chips. Grill on hot buttered griddle or skillet for 5-6 minutes on each side until golden brown.
Mrs. Veronica Carten, Sterling Heights, Michigan
I use Better Made Tortilla Chips for cooking quite often. From simple Nachos to this dish. This is a super easy and flavorful Mexican dish. It is great topped with sour cream and chopped cilantro. I prefer adding Chorizo for the spice, if you do not like the sausage or cant find it, you can just add a Tbls of taco seasoning to the chicken while it's browning.
- 1/4 pound chorizo (optional...adds spice)
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 (10 ounce) bag of Better Made tortilla chips (slightly crushed)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (19 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (Red sauce if you like it spicier)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Optional: Cook the chorizo in a skillet over medium heat, stirring to break it into tiny pieces. IF you dont like the Chorizo spice, add a TBLS of taco seasoning to the chicken while it's cooking.
Place the raw chicken into the skillet with the chorizo; cook and stir the meats together until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes.
3. Spread half of the tortilla chips over the bottom of a casserole dish; top the chips with the cooked chorizo and chicken mixture. Sprinkle the corn evenly over the meats and layer the remaining chips over the top. Whisk together the green enchilada sauce and sour cream in a mixing bowl; pour over the top of the casserole. Top the casserole with the shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
4. Bake the chilaquiles in the preheated oven until the casserole is bubbly and the chips begin to brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
GayLynn Fisher, Garden City, Michigan
Better Made Turtle Pie
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup Better Made Chocolate Covered Pretzels, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted peanuts, divided
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
Optional garnish: 8 whole Better Made Chocolate Covered Pretzels
In a large mixing bowl stir together the vanilla ice cream, chocolate covered pretzel pieces, and half of the peanuts. Mound the mixture into the graham cracker crust, cover, and freeze for 2 hours.
To serve, remove the pie from the freezer, uncover, and drizzle the caramel ice cream topping over the pie. Sprinkle with the remaining peanuts and, if desired, place the whole chocolate covered pretzels around the edges of the pie like the spokes of a wheel. Cut into eight pieces and serve.
Angela Buchanan, Longmont, Colorado
- 1 1/2 cups Better Made Sour Cream and Onion Potato Chips, crushed
- 2 lbs. Pork tenderloin
- 1/4 tsp sage
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Dash of salt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix crushed potato ships, sage, salt and olive oil in bowl to reach consistency that will be moist enough to stick to the meat when pressed. Place pork on a shallow cooking sheet. Press the crumb mixture onto all aides of the meat until there is no pink showing, usually 1/4" thick. Bake for at least 35 minutes until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees, or until there is no pink when the pork is cut. Let the pork rest for 10 minutes, then cut into 1/2" slices. Delicious
Susan P. Lavery, Murphy, Texas
Better Made Pancakes (Makes 8-10)
- 1 1/2 cup crushed Better Made Krinkle cut chips
- 3 medium eggs mixed
- 1 chopped scallion onion
- 1 ounce of milk
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Stir until the chips are saturated. Heat griddle with olive oil. Use a large spoon to drop medium sized amounts. Brown and served hot. Tastes good with applesauce.
Barbara Weipert, Fraser, Michigan
Spicy Roasted Cauliflower with Coconut Curry Sauce
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vegetable sea salt, divided
- 1 1/4 cups ground Better Made Hot & Spicy Pork Rind crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Pinch black pepper
Preheat oven to 450F. Degrees. Tear off a sheet of foil wrap larger than the onion; place onion in center of wrap & drizzle with olive oil. Wrap onion and place in oven to roast for 15 minutes or until onion is tender & caramelized; set aside and reduce oven temperature to 400F. Degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or baking paper.
Meanwhile, bring four cups of water to a simmer in a large skillet or saucepan; add the cauliflower and blanch for two minutes. Shock the cauliflower in cold water to stop the cooking and drain well in a colander.
Sprinkle the cauliflower with one teaspoon vegetable sea salt and pat in the pork rind crumbs; place onto the baking sheet in a single layer. Roast in oven for 15 minutes or until golden and crusty. While the cauliflower roasts, prepare the coconut curry sauce by adding the onion, along with any oil retained in the foil, coconut milk, curry power, pepper and remaining vegetable sea salt to a blender or food processor until smooth.
Serve cauliflower with the coconut curry sauce on the side. Makes 6 servings.
Cheryl Perry, Hertford, NC
Crunchy Dog Recipe
- 8 hot dogs of your choice – grilled to perfection
- 8 buns of your choice – toasted
- 2 2.5oz bags of Original Better Made Potato Chips – roughly crushed in the bags
- Mayo (squeeze bottle is best
- Spicy (or yellow) mustard
- Chopped red onion
- Dill or hamburger pickle chips
Place grilled hot dogs in toasted buns, sprinkle approx. 1 tbsp. of chopped onion on top of the dog, squeeze one stripe of mayo on top of the onion, squeeze one stripe of mustard on top of the onion, On top of the mustard and mayo, sprinkle approx. 2 tbsp. of crushed Original Better Made Potato chips. To top the dogs off, place a line of pickle chips (approx 3). Enjoy!
Amanda Kubat, Royal Oak, Michigan
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 lb. marshmallows
- 1/2 cup oil
- 5 qts Better Made popcorn
- 1 lb. small gumdrops
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
Heat until melted the 1st 3 ingredients. Boil 2 minutes. Pour over the remaining ingredients in angel food pan. Press firmly in pan. Set for a few minutes. Pour out on plate.
Jayne Kasper, Romeo, Michigan
- 2 lbs frozen has browns
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 16 oz container of sour cream
- 1 stick melted margarine or butter
- 16 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese (divided in half)
- 1 cup crushed Better Made potato chips
Thaw hash browns for 30 minutes. Mix all ingredients except 8 ounces of cheese and crushed potato chips. Add salt and pepper to taste. Placed in greased 9 X 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Remove from oven; add 8 ounces of cheese and Better Made potato chips to top. Return to oven for 10 minutes.
Karen Dunmire, Warren, Michigan
Hot & Spicy Wings
- 2/3 cup crushed Better Made Hot & Spicy Corn Chips
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 10 chicken wings
In a large resealable container, combine the crushed corn chips, onion powder, garlic salt and paprika. In a bowl, whisk egg and water. Cut chicken wings into two sections. Dip wings in egg, then place in container and shake to coat. Place in a greased baking pan. Bake at 425 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until desired crispiness. Garnish with sprinkled fresh cilantro. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Chad Cherf, Hollywood, Florida
Potato Chip Cookies
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup crushed Better Made potato chips
- 1 cup chopped walnut
Cream together sugar, shortening and eggs. Stir in flour, baking soda and vanilla. Mix well. Add potato chips and nuts. Mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Makes 9 dozen.
Marcy Day, Frankfort, Michigan
Crunchy Munchy Drumsticks
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce envelope) onion or vegetable dip mix
- 1-3/4 cups crushed Better Made Potato Chips
Combine buttermilk and drumsticks in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Drain drumsticks and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place dip mix and potato chips in 2 separate bowls. Dip each drumstick first in dip mix, then in potato chips and place on baking sheet. Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour until tender and cooked through. Serves 4-6.
Lisa Speer, Florida
Parmesan & Garlic Corn Muffins
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Better Made Parmesan & Garlic Krinkle Cut Potato Chips, Crushed
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Cornmeal
- 2 T. Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 3/4 Cup Canned Creamed Corn
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, melted & cooled
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Extra Large Eggs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or line 12 large muffin cups with paper liners. In the bowl of electric mixer, combine the flour, 1 cup of the crushed potato chips, sugar, cornmeal and baking powder. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, creamed corn, melted butter, sour cream and eggs. With the mixer on the lowest speed, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and stir until they are just blended. Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of potato chips evenly over the batter. Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are crisp and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool slightly and remove from the pan. Excellent with stew or chili!
Patty Mackey, Michigan
Mahi Mahi Fillets
- 2 Tbsp. White pepper
- 3 tbsp. Garlic salt
- 2 cups Crushed Better Made Chips
- 2 tbsp. Dried Thyme
Dampen fish in plastic zip lock bag add all ingredients coat fish and deep fry until golden brown (you can use any type of fish)
Cape Canaveral, FL
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Winners